Prawn Karuvepillai Biryani, today we will see how to prepare Yeral Karuvepillai Biryani using Clay Pot.
The freshly ground masala leaves a unique flavour to the dish. The recipe doesn’t require mint or coriander leaves. Serve this delicious Biryani with Brinjal Salan or raita.
Prawn Karuvepillai Biryani
- 250 gms prawn
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cup seeraga samba rice soaked in water for 10 mins
- Handful curry leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- ¼ cup sambar onion, 1 small tomato - grinding
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp ghee
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Prawn Biryani
- Marinate prawn with turmeric powder and keep aside. Prepare masala by grinding curry leaves, ginger, garlic, onion, tomato, coriander powder, fennel seeds, peppercorns and little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add chopped onions and tomato. Sauté a while. Now add marinated prawns, masala paste and 1/4 cup water. Mix all. Add chili powder, Garam Masala and little salt. Cook it covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Add 4 cup water and let it boil. Now add soaked rice , ghee and salt to taste. Cook covered on medium flame for 5-8 minutes. Now keep a tava and place pot over tava. Let it cook on dum for 5 mins on medium flame, switch to low flame and cook for 10 minutes. Switch off the flame and open the lid at the time of serving.