- 2 cup shredded raw mango – i used bangalore mango
- 3 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp channa dal (kadala paruppu)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 curry leaves stick
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- Cook the rice in a electric rice cooker or anything of your choice. I cooked the rice in electric rice cooker with 6 cup water. Once done, spread the rice over a plate and allow it to cool.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp cooking oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, dry red chillies, urad dal and channa dal. Saute a while and add shredded raw mango.
- Mix well and add turmeric powder. Add salt to taste and cook for 2-5 mins. Now add the cooked rice layer by layer and mix well with the mango mixture. Mix in such a way that rice is fully mixed with the mixture.
- Serve with ghongura chutney. It gives excellent taste.