I learnt this recipe from my grandma. She used to cook it whenever we went for picnic or any outing. lemon salt should be taken in correct quantity otherwise it will give too much sweet and sour taste.
- 2 cup rice – soaked in water for 30 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp urad dhal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp channa dhal (kadala paruppu)
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon salt
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Cook the rice and spread it over a plate. Allow to cool and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, dry red chilli, urad dhal and channa dhal. Saute a while and add chopped onions.
- Fry for 2 mins and add turmeric powder. Add lemon salt and salt to taste.
- Fry for 2-5 mins and remove from the heat. Mix the lemon paste with rice and serve with any side-dish.