Healthy due to its content and very quick to prepare.
- 2 carrots – peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped methi leaves (fenugreek leaves or vendhyam keerai)
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 curry leaves stick
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and cumin seeds. Saute a while and add chopped onions and green chilies.
- Fry till it turns golden brown and add ginger-garlic paste. Add chopped tomatoes and mash it.
- Add grated carrot and chopped methi leaves. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook it covered for 10 mins. Add more water if needed. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice.