- 1 cup chopped coconut
- small lemon sized tamarind
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp urad dhal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp channa dhal (kadala paruppu)
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 curry leaves stick
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, garlic flakes, dry red chilies, urad dhal and channa dhal. Saute a while.
- Add tamarind and chopped coconut. Cook for 2-5 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in a mixer to paste adding little water. Add salt to taste and more water if needed. Serve with idli or dosa.