This name was suggested by my husband. Initially i was planning to prepare moong dal halwa but he insisted me to add mango also and gave this name.
- 1/2 cup split green gram – soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- 1 ripe mango – blend in a juicer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- dry fruits
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup milk
- Wash the green grams and drain the water. Blend it in a mixer to smooth paste without adding water. Blend mango separately and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a vessel and add dry fruits. Saute a while and remove the dry fruits alone and keep aside.
- Add green gram paste and mango paste. Saute till nice aroma comes. Add milk and sugar. Stir it frequently. Cook till the ghee separates and it reaches halwa consistency. It may take around 20 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Garnish with roasted dry fruits and serve hot.