I love the version which my mom makes. Sometimes we add brinjals also.
- bunch of paalak (spinach)
- 8-10 paneer cubes (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Wash and chop the spinach leaves. Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and saute a while. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes.
- Mash the tomatoes and add turmeric powder, red chili powder and cumin powder. Mix well and add finely chopped spinach leaves. Add 1/2 cup water and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 10 mins.
- Add paneer cubes and cook for 10 mins. Cook till the water level reduces to half. Serve hot with chapati or roti.