Quick and easy to prepare
- 2 cup basmati rice – soaked for 15 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 2 onions
- 3 green chilies
- 1 green cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook the soaked basmati rice for 2 whistles with 4 cup water. Remove from the heat and allow the pressure to settle down. Fry the capsicum with little oil and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a handi and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and bay leaf. Saute a while and add finely chopped onions. Fry till it turns golden brown and add ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute a while and break the eggs. Add to the handi and mix well. Add pepper powder and salt to taste. Add fried capsicum and mix well. Cook for 5 mins and add the cooked rice. Mix all on low flame. Remove from the heat and serve hot with tomato-chili sauce.
Note : You can also left over rice to prepare this pulao.