- 4-5 ladies finger (bhindi or okra or vendakkai)
- 3-4 bitter gourd (karela or paavakkai)
- 2 tsp chili powder (sambar powder)
- salt to taste
- Wash the vegetables. Cut ladies finger into thin round pieces. Keep it aside for sometime to dry.
- Peel off the skin of bitter gourd and cut into thin round pieces. Sprinkle little salt and keep aside for 1 hour. Squeeze out the water and wash well. Let it dry for sometime.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the bitter gourd and ladies finger. Fry till it turns golden brown and crispy. Keep on low flame.
- Once fried, remove from the heat and drain the oil using absorbent paper. Sprinkle chili powder and salt. Mix well and keep it in airtight containers.