|Mutton Keema Samosa|
Here comes the hot & hot mutton keema samosa for this monsoon rain. You can preserve it for 2-3 days. My mom used to prepare it on the day of diwali. Its our family favorite which we prepare on every diwali. Childrens will surely like it. Lets move on to the recipe,
For keema masala :
- 250 gms mutton keema (mutton mince)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
For Samosa :
- 250 gms maida (all purpose flour)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp onion seeds
To prepare dough :
- Combine all purpose flour, salt and cumin seeds in a mixing bowl. Knead it to a smooth dough adding water and few drops of oil. Cover it and keep aside for 1-2 hours.
To Prepare the keema masala :
- Wash the mutton mince (keema) and drain the water. Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix all and add mutton mince. Add salt to taste and cook it covered on low flame for 25-30 mins. Stir it frequently. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
To prepare samosa :
- Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls. Flatten each ball and roll out to make a thin disc. Cut each disc into half.
- Fold the disc into a cone shape and put 1/2 tbsp of keema filling in the middle. Enclose the filling by brushing little oil on the edges. Pinch the loose edges with your forefinger and thumb to seal.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the samosa until golden brown. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil using absorbent paper. Serve hot with mint chutney or chili sauce.