I hope i would be the last person to post today’s special recipes. Yes, it was a busy day. Morning we finished up with the prayer and immediately i left to mom house. I didn’t concentrate much on taking photographs. Just a click 🙂
Rava Ladoo / Semolina Ladoo is an easy ladoo variety which can be prepared without any difficulties. There are various versions followed to prepare this ladoo. Some like to add milk and people like me add ghee / clarified butter. If adding milk, it reduces its shell life. So I most often try to add ghee. Lets check the recipe,
- 1 cup roasted rava (semolina / sooji)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- ghee / clarified butter – enough to make balls
- dry fruits (cashew and raisin)
- Blend sugar in a mixer to smooth powder. Blend roasted rava with powdered sugar and keep aside. Add 2 tsp of cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a kadhai and fry the dry fruits. Add it to the rava mixture. Heat enough ghee needed to make balls.
- When it becomes lukewarm, add it slowly to the rava mixture and make small balls. I used half cup of ghee to make ladoo. Adding ghee will increase the shell life of ladoo. You can also make use of milk instead of ghee, but its shell life reduces to 2-3 days. Store ladoos in an air-tight container and serve.