|Paneer Chole Bhatura|
- 1/2 cup chick peas – soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup paneer cubes
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp paav bhajji masala or garam masala
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
To Grind :
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized tomato
- Pressure cook the chick peas adding little salt and 1/2 cup water for 3-4 whistles.
- Remove from the heat and keep aside. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Saute a while and add chopped onions. Add ginger-garlic paste and onion-tomato paste. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, paav bhajji masala and dried mango powder.
- Add cooked chick peas along with water. Mix well and add salt to taste & asofoetida. Cook it covered for 10 mins.
- Add paneer cubes and cook for another 5 mins. Remove from the heat and serve hot with bhatura.
How to prepare Bhatura
- 2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup beaten curd
- warm water – 1/2 cup
- Sieve maida, baking powder and salt. Combine all the above ingredients and form a smooth dough by applying oil over your palm. Cover the dough vessel with moist cloth and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Prepare small lemon sized balls. If the dough is sticky, apply flour over it and form balls. Form a disc shape by constantly applying flour.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the bhatura till it turns light brown. Fry the remaining bhaturas. Serve with paneer chole masala.