|Spicy Vanjaram Meen Varuval|
- 250 gms Seer / King Fish Fillets (you can use any other sea fish varieties also)
- semolina or rava – according to your need
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped dill leaves (suwa / sada kuppi)
To Grind :
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coconut
- Grind the above mentioned ingredients in a mixer adding little water to make a paste. Marinate fish fillets with the paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, chopped dill leaves and lemon juice.
- Add salt to taste and marinate well. Close it and keep aside for 1 hour. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Spread semolina on a plate and coat the fish fillets with the semolina on both the sides. Fry two fillets at a time. Fry till it turns golden brown and crispy from outside.
- Remove from the oil and drain the excess oil using absorbent tissue paper. Serve hot with tomato-chili sauce.