|Mashed Radish & Greens|
- 1 cup chopped radish
- 1 bunch radish leaves – chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder (saunth)
- 3-4 dry red chilies
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 curry leaves stick
- Heat 3 cup water in a pan and cook radish & leaves for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Drain the water completely and blend the veggies to smooth paste without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper cloves, cinnamon, urad dal, mustard seeds, broken red chilies, fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves and paste. Saute a while. Add turmeric powder, ginger powder, garam masala, asofoetida and salt to taste. Cook for 5-8 mins and remove from the heat. Serve hot with rice.