|Roasted Tomato & Bell Pepper/Capsicum Soup|
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sized carrot – chopped
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp oats
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan. Tamper cloves and cinnamon. Add chopped onions and garlic flakes. Saute a while.
- Add chopped carrot, cumin powder and little salt. Cook for a min. Add chopped coriander and 6 cup water. Add a pinch of salt. Cook it covered for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, roast bell pepper and tomatoes on stove top till their skin becomes black and shrinky. Please check the method of roasting and peeling off the skin here.
- Once the vegetable stock is ready, remove from the heat and allow to cool. Strain the broth and grind the veggies along with roasted tomato and capsicum in a mixer. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat the stock and add the grounded paste to it. Add oats, pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix all and cook it uncovered on medium flame for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and serve hot.