|Dilkush Buns / Coconut & Cherry Stuffed Buns – Eggless Baking|
This is my first post on own domain. Yes dear readers & blogger friends, i have changed to my own domain. To celebrate it, i made dilkush buns as my heart is happy too 🙂
I made one large bun which vanished in few minutes. But somehow rescued this small bun to take the photos. You can use any fillings to stuff the bun. I have also used tutti frutti to give crunchy taste.
In every bakery shop, we could see dilkush buns. I dont have much liking for buns, but my husband does. But after tasting homemade dilkush bun, i got liking for this. And I’m planning to try more stuffed buns like this. I have adapted this recipe from My dear friend Nalini’s Space and also took reference from Prema’s space.
For Dough :
- 2 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp yeast
- 11/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter – melted
For Filling :
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cherries
- 1/3 cup tutti frutti
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 2 tsp butter
- Take lukewarm water and mix sugar. Make sure it is dissolved completely. Add yeast and stir it. Close it and keep aside for 10 mins till it becomes frothy.
- Add milk to it and mix well. Meanwhile sieve flour, baking powder and salt. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add butter and oil to it. Mix well. Add frothy yeast and mix with the spoon.
- The dough will be sticky. So now use hands and knead it for 5-10 mins. Add little flour and knead to a smooth dough. Grease it with little oil.
- Take a bowl and grease with little oil. Now keep the dough in bowl and cover it with a neat kitchen napkin.
- Keep it in a warm place for 2 to 3 hours (or you can preheat oven for 2 mins and keep the bowl inside). Till then prepare the filling. If you have used fresh coconut, then roast it in a pan and grind in a mixer to coarse. If used dry then mix all the ingredients for filling and keep aside.
- The dough will double up in size. Punch the dough down and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into small balls ( i made 3 balls). Now roll one ball using rolling pin ans dust with flour. Roll into the shape of roti but it should be thick.
- Take 1-2 spoonful of filling mixture and spread in the middle of rolled ball. Leave at least 1/2 inch space round the edges.
- Take another ball and roll it using roller pin and dust with flour. Take it and use it to cover over the filling. Seal the edges by greasing with little water. With another ball i made a small bun and filled it with remaining mixture.
- Keep both the bun in a warm place and let it rise for another 30-40 mins. Take a baking tray and grease with water. Place a parchment paper or foil sheet and grease with little oil.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C for 10 min. Grease the bun with little milk and Keep the bun in baking tray. And bake it for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the bun to a cooling rack. Serve it immediately or refrigerate it.