|Chicken Cigar (Mini Chicken Rolls ) – Virtual B’day Treat for Divya Pramil|
Our group of friends planned a virtual treat for divya’s birthday. Each one of us tried few recipes from her blog and planned to post on her birthday at 12am sharply 🙂 I have tried Chicken Cigar from her blog. Divya, it was just delicious da. Thanks for sharing such an excellent recipe.
Divya is one of my good friend whom i met through this blogging platform. Initially we exchanged mails and then one fine day we decided to meet. We met in a Shopping Mall and spent some wonderful moments. I hope it will continue forever da.
For Chicken filling :
- 100gms Chicken B/L – cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
For Rolls :
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- salt to taste
- water for kneading
For Maida Paste :
- 3-4 tbsp maida
- enough water to make paste
- little salt
To Prepare Dough :
- Sieve maida and salt. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add water and knead to a smooth dough as we do to prepare poori or chapati. close and keep aside for 30 mins.
To Prepare Paste :
- Combine maida and salt in a bowl. Add water little by little to make a sticky paste. Keep it aside.
To Prepare Chicken Filling :
- Blend chicken pieces, chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, fennel seeds, pepper powder and chopped coriander in a mixer for a minute. Do not add water. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadai. Tamper mustard seeds. Add blended chicken mixture, red chili powder and salt to taste. Cook on low flame till all the moisture is absorbed. And also scramble the mixture. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
To Make Chicken Cigar/Mini Rolls :
- Take the prepared dough and divide into equal shaped balls. Take a ball and dust with little flour. Roll it using rolling pin. Make sure it is not too thin or too thick.
- Now cut them into small rectangles using knife. Take the sheets and keep aside. And use the remaining left over dough to prepare sheets again. I made 15-17 small sheets.
- Take a sheet and place little chicken mixture at one end of sheet and start rolling it. On the other end of sheet, spread little maida paste and then seal the roll.
- Seal all the ends of the roll with the prepared maida paste. Proceed with the other sheets to prepare rolls.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadai or pan and deep fry the rolls till it turns golden brown on all the sides. Remove from the oil and drain the excess oil using tissue paper. Serve hot with tomato-chili sauce.