|Egg / Muttai Paniyaram|
Paniyaram recipe comes under Chettinad Cuisine. This famous south indian dish can be made spicy or sweet. I like spicy version more than the sweeter one. The recipe is adapted from Mallika Badrinath’s Cookbook. I have not made any changes here and followed the exact recipe. But instead of 3 eggs, i have used 2 eggs. You can also add little cardamom powder to it. For a more healthier version, try adding palm jaggery.
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 1 cup boiled milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cooking soda / baking soda
- Sieve maida flour and mix with rava, sugar and milk in a bowl. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Beat eggs and mix with the prepared batter. Add baking soda & mix everything well and keep aside. Heat paniyaram pan and grease with oil/ghee.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in all the cups of pan. Fry the paniyaram evenly on both the sides by rotating with the help of a needle like wooden stick. Serve hot.
Check out other Paniyaram Varieties ,