|Peach Upside Down Cake|
I had few left over peaches and tried this upside down cake. I referred Pineapple Upside Down Cake from a cookbook and modified it according to my requirement. Lets check on the recipe,
- 1 cup Maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt – a pinch
- 1/2 cup peach juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (at room temp)
- vanilla essence – few drops
- few walnut pieces
- Cherries – for decoration
- 15-20 peach slices
- Separate egg yolks from whites and keep aside. Beat egg yolks and sugar till smooth. Add peach juice and olive oil. Beat it again using hand whisk or electric blender. Add few drops of essence and beat again.
- Beat egg whites separately in a bowl and keep aside. Keep it aside. Sift maida, baking powder and salt. Mix this with wet mixture carefully.
- Fold egg whites with cake mixture and keep aside. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins.
- Take a round cake pan and grease with butter. Arrange peach slices and fill in the gaps with brown sugar.
- Pour cake mixture on arranged peach slices and level it on top. You can arrange cherries and walnuts on top of the cake.
- Keep the cake pan in oven and bake at 180 degrees C for 30 mins. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 mins. Turn the cake upside down and serve.