|Apple Lapsi (Apple & Broken Wheat Halwa)|
Today we are celebrating b’day of another special blogger friend. Yes she is Manjula Bharath of Desi Fiesta. She is a rajasthani girl but you would never believe it when she starts speaking in Tamil. I always like to pull her leg and so does she 🙂
She is a fun-filled, energetic and very enthusiastic person i have seen in this blogging world. I came to know about her only few months back. But the first day when i talked to her, i never felt that I’m talking to a stranger. She mingles easily with everyone. As Apple is her favorite fruit, we group of friends decided to prepare Thali and any dessert with apple for her b’day.
Due to some unavoidable situations i couldn’t get time to prepare Thali. But i didnt wanted to skip her virtual b’day treat. So i tried my best and made this Apple Lapsi today to celebrate her b’day.
Today is a perfect day to tell you that you are a wonderful friend.Happy Birthday Manju (our cute dhimsu)! Wishing you all the best today and throughout the coming year!
- 1/2 cup Daliya (Bulgar / Broken Wheat / Godhumai Rava)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple puree (made from 1 Apple)
- 2-3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 3 cup warm water
- dry nuts – to garnish
- Heat ghee in a kadai or non stick pan. Add daliya to it and stir well on low flame for 5-8 mins till nice aroma comes.
- Add water to it and stir frequently on medium flame. Let it cook on low flame for 10-15 mins till daliya is cooked.
- Add sugar and cardamom seeds powder to it. Mix well everything and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add apple puree and cook on low flame for 5 mins. Meanwhile, roast dry nuts in ghee and mix with halwa. Remove from the heat once it starts leaving the sides of pan. Serve hot or cold.