Bajra aur Anday ki Roti, those who doesn’t like plain bajra roti, then this recipe is just for you. Most of the times, my husband just creates scene when i give him bajra roti. For a change i prepare it with egg spread. You can also add little cheese to it. For better results, serve this hot. I have also shared Bajra Roti with Garlic Chutney.
- For Roti :
- 1 cup Bajra Flour (Pearl Millet / Kambu Maavu)
- ½ cup wheat flour
- salt to taste
- warm water – to knead
- For Egg Mixture :
- 2-3 eggs
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 or 2 green chilies – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Bajra Egg Roti
- Beat eggs till smooth. Add chopped onions, green chilies, chopped coriander and salt to taste. Beat everything again till smooth. Keep it aside.
- Sieve bajra, wheat and salt. Add water little by little and knead to smooth dough.
- If you add more water then dough will become sticky. Just add little water to prepare dough. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat a tava or frying pan on medium flame. Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Take a greased plastic sheet or banana leaf. Flatten each balls using your fingers to form a thick disc. I have made little thin disc.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil / ghee. Place roti over tava. Pour a tbsp of egg mixture on one side of roti and spread it nicely with the help of a spoon. Drizzle little oil / ghee on all the sides of roti. Flip it after few seconds.
- Again drizzle little oil all over the sides and let it cook for few seconds. Flip over again and let the roti cook till brown spots appear. Remove from the heat and proceed with the remaining roti. Serve hot with garlic chutney and onion raita.