|Wheat, Bajra & Karupatti Paniyaram|
Today's recipe is not so sweet but a healthy version of paniyaram. I have skipped adding ghee for frying, instead i have used olive oil. If you do not get palm jaggery, then you can replace it with normal jaggery or sugar. But believe me it tastes better with palm jaggery. Lets check the recipe,
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bajra flour (Pearl Millet / Kambu Maavu)
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 ripe banana - peeled & mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup grated Karupatti (Palm Jaggery)
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- oil / ghee - for frying
- Sieve wheat, bajra and rice flour. Combine them in a mixing bowl. Mix cardamom seeds powder and baking powder with the flour mixture. Keep it aside.
- Heat jaggery and 1/4 cup water in a pan or kadhai. Let it cook till jaggery melts. Remove from the heat and filter the impurities.
- Add melted jaggery (paagu) to flour mixture. Mix everything well with a spoon. Make sure no lumps are formed. Add enough water to prepare pouring consistency (it should not be too thick or too watery). Add mashed banana to it and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat paniyaram pan and grease with oil/ghee. Pour a spoonful of batter in all the cups of pan. Fry paniyaram evenly on both the sides by rotating with the help of a needle like wooden stick. Serve hot.