Dhaba Style Chicken Curry, Dhaba (Road-side Restaurants) is similar to our road side idli kadai. I’ve always been a big fan of Punjabi Dhaba style foods. Sooka roti, Dal Makhani and Chicken Curry are my fav dhaba food. But my husband never liked north indian cuisine. Then everything changed when we went to Manali after marriage.
We booked a car from Delhi to Manali and crossed 2 states (Punjab & Haryana) to reach Manali. At that time, i was not a blogger so didnt show any interest in taking photos of dhaba where we had our food throughout the journey. I was just keep on clicking the farms, mountains and rivers. Still i feel this was the most memorable vacation of our life.
My husband was first time introduced to Naan and Kulcha Bread and he was just so much satisfied with dhaba food. We tried it with Chicken Curry, Gobi Masala, Boondi Raita and the list goes no 🙂
Dhaba Style Chicken Curry is easy to prepare and requires all common ingredients which we use in daily basis. The most important ingredients are garam masala and my fav Mustard oil. Home made Garam Masala will make it more aromatic but since i used store bought i was not that much satisfied. But hubby dear enjoyed it with roti.
I took this photographs one month back and was waiting to post it. I still have 2-3 posts in draft. Last two weeks were very too hectic for me and i needed some rest, so i just took off break from blogging and concentrated on pooja preparations. I hope everyone enjoyed Navrathri and Saraswathi Pooja. So lets move on to check this yummylicious Dhaba Style Chicken Curry,
Dhaba Style Chicken Curry Recipe Card
- 300gms Chicken
- ¼ cup onion paste
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp whisked curd / yogurt
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp saunf (fennel seeds)
- 4-5 tbsp mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder and keep aside for 20 mins. Meanwhile, prepare onion paste and tomato puree. Keep it aside.
- Wash chicken and keep it aside. Heat mustard oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and fennel seeds. Saute a while.
- Add onion paste and ginger-garlic paste. Stir well and cook for few seconds. Add tomato puree and saute a while.
- Add chicken pieces and whisked curd. Mix well. Add red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Cook it covered on low flame for 10-15 mins till the oil separates. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or any indian bread variety.