Egg-less Sugar Cookies / Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies (Christmas Cookies), Try out this super yummy and crispy sugar cookies which requires less ingredients and you can also decorate it with your choice of design. Though i have skipped that part since i dont have that much patience.
This month’s host is my dear friend Priya Ranjit who gave us choices for Christmas goodies. I didn’t wanted to miss this challenge and opted for this simple recipe which can be also made without using egg. Although the original recipe had eggs, i have replaced it with milk. I was looking online for options to not use egg and went through many sites. Most of them have suggested to use milk. And i have also halved the recipe to make 14-15 cookies. Lets check the recipe,
Recipe Source : Food Network
Egg-less Sugar Cookies | Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Snacks
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 tbsp milk (or) 1 large egg, at room temp
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Sugar Cookies
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat it using hand whisk or electric beater till smooth and creamy. Add vanilla essence and keep aside.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and salt to taste. Stir flour into butter mixture & add 1 tbsp milk at a time.
- Knead to a smooth dough and keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour. Take out the dough from refrigerator after one hour. Make small balls of the dough.
- Take a ball and roll on a floured board with the help of rolling pin. Roll it to about 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness (according to your need).
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters or a knife. Brush with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet pan for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. Remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- You can use either milk or 1 large egg as a binding ingredient.
- Depending on the size of cookie, the baking time may vary. Since i have used large cookie cutter, it took me around 15-18 mins to bake cookies. If you are small cutter, then bake it for 5-8 mins approx and remove cookies from the oven once the bottom starts turning brown.