|Murgh Malai Kabab (Creamy Chicken Kabab)|
Murgh Malai Kabab is nothing but Creamy Chicken Tikka Kabab which is made by marinating chicken with cheese, fresh cream and spices. It is less spicy compared to Chicken Tikka or Achari Chicken Tikka.
I have referred “Chicken Delights” cookbook and also VahChef site for few tips. If you follow the exact process, then you will never go back to Restaurants as it is much better than what we get in Restaurants and also easy to prepare. Lets check the recipe,
Preparation time : 20 mins
First Marination time : 30 mins
Second Marination time : 3 hrs or Overnight
Murgh Malai Kabab
Creamy Chicken Tikka Kabab, made by marinating chicken with cheese, fresh cream and spices.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Starter, Side
- 300 gms Chicken B/L
- First Marinade :
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp white or black pepper powder
- ¼ cup raw papaya paste (or) meat tenderizer powder
- little salt
- Second Marinade :
- 4 tbsp Plain Mawa/Khoya/Khoa (or) grated cheddar cheese (or) processed cheese
- 3 green chilies
- 4 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp mace powder (javithri)
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- 2 tsp corn flour
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ¼ cup thick curd
- salt to taste
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Murgh Malai Kebab
For First Marinade :
- Clean & Wash Chicken pieces. Pat it dry using kitchen cloth or paper. It helps to remove moisture from chicken.
- Combine chicken, salt, pepper, ginger-garlic paste and raw papaya paste in a mixing bowl. Mix well everything and close it. Keep it in refrigerator for 30 mins.
For Second Marinade :
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and keep aside. Grind green chilies and coriander leaves in a mixer without adding water. Add this paste, and all other ingredients mentioned under “Second Marinade” to chicken.
- Mix everything well and keep it refrigerated for 3-4 hrs or Overnight(it gives better result).
To Prepare Tikka Kabab :
- Remove the bowl from refrigerator and keep aside for 20 mins. You can fry chicken pieces on tava / frying pan till golden brown. If you are using oven, then Preheat oven to 220 degrees C in grill mode for 10 mins. Take a baking sheet and place aluminum foil sheet. Take the skewer rods and insert the chicken pieces. Keep it on top rack of oven and Set the timer to 10 mins.
- Once done, turn over the skewer rods and keep for another 10 mins. You can sprinkle lemon juice over the tikka and serve hot with mint-coriander chutney.
- If you do not get Meat tenderizer powder in grocery store, then try with raw papaya or pine apple which contains anti-collagen enzymes used in many of the tenderizing powders.
- I didn’t had cheddar cheese or proceeded cheese, so i have used homemade mawa / milk solids (which is equivalent to Ricotta Cheese).
- Make sure whatever ingredient you use here doesn’t contain too much water. The left over marinade can be used to prepare Malai Kabab Curry.