Sandwich Masala Powder, today i’m sharing a very simple recipe of Sandwich Masala Powder which takes less than 5 mins to prepare. Just prepare this in advance and Use it whenever you are in mood for Sandwich. The below mentioned quantity yields 3/4 cup powder. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
Recipe Source : Tarla Dalal’s Cookbook on Sandwiches
Sandwich Masala Powder
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Basics
- ½ cumin seeds or powder (jeera / seeragam)
- 2 tsp cloves
- 4 tsp black peppercorns or powder
- 4 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 4 tsp black salt
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Sandwich Masala Powder
- Dry roast cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds, peppercorns and cumin seeds for few seconds till nice aroma comes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind them along with amchur powder and black salt till smooth powder. Remove and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Sprinkle this powder on any bread sandwich or you can simply use this instead of chat masala. You can also sprinkle this on a plain butter bread toast and serve.