|Mudakathan Keerai / Balloon Vine Leaves Dosa – Herbal Green Leaf Recipes|
Today i’m sharing another herbal green leaf recipe which has got many nutritional benefits. Mudakathan Keerai is used to treat arthritis, joint pain, skin diseases and many more. I got this recipe from my mom’s friend and also noted down few recipes which i shall post later.
I have already shared a post on how to prepare dosa batter. You can refer that post and add mudakathan keerai paste to the batter. You can either grind this keerai raw or fry in little oil and then grind it. I follow the second method and store it in refrigerator. Apart from adding this paste to dosa batter, you can add it in idli batter, chapati / poori dough. Lets move on to the recipe,
Overall time : 15 mins
- 2 cup Mudakathan Keerai / Balloon Vine Leaves – cleaned & washed
- 1 cup Dosa Batter
- salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Fry keerai till all the moisture is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in a mixer to smooth paste adding 1 tsp water.
- You can store the keerai paste in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Mix 1 or 2 tbsp keerai paste with dosa batter. Add little salt and mix everything well.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil / ghee. Pour a ladleful of dosa batter and spread it evenly.
- Add little oil all over the edges and cook both the sides. Remove from the heat and serve hot with chutney, kurma or sambar.
- You can grind the leaves along with raw rice, parboiled rice and black gram while preparing dosa batter.
- To prepare keerai adai, you can add chopped onions, green chilies, few vegetables like carrot, beans or peas and other seasoning ingredients in dosa batter.
- The puffy seed pods of Balloon Vine are not eatable. Clean the leaves carefully and wash it before cooking.