Chicken, Barley & Spinach Salad, today I’m sharing a healthy Summer Salad recipe which is also very filling. The whole preparation is very simple. You need to boil the vegetables and chicken and saute everything together with just 1 tsp oil. Or you can just enjoy the raw vegetables with shredded chicken with a touch of pepper which is absolutely not my cup of tea. Instead of boiling the vegetables, you can steam them. Lets move on to the recipe,
How to prepare Chicken Barley Salad
Chicken, Barley & Spinach Salad
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ cup shredded Chicken
- ½ cup cooked Barley
- 1 cup boiled vegetables (spinach, carrot, beans) or any vegetables of your choice
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- few Dill Leaves – for garnishing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Fry shredded chicken and boiled vegetables for a min on low-medium flame.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and pinch of salt. Saute a while. Switch off the flame. Add cooked barley and salt to taste.
- Combine everything and sprinkle lemon juice. Toss it well and transfer it to a bowl. Sprinkle Dill Leaves and Serve it immediately.
- To Cook Barley : Clean Barley and soak in enough water for 1 hour or even overnight. Wash it properly and pressure cook with 3-4 cup water for 2-3 whistles. Drain the water and reuse it to prepare curries or soup. Preserve the cooked barley.
- For Shredded Chicken : There are various methods to prepare shredded chicken. I always follow the method of boiling chicken thighs in enough water for 5-8 mins on medium flame till the skin turns white. Allow it to cool and preserve the water to prepare curry or soup. Shred the cooked chicken and store it for later use.
- I dont like salad dressing but you can try it.