Whole Roasted Chicken with Lemon & Pepper, a simple yet delicious whole roasted chicken which can be enjoyed with Mayonnaise or Mint-Coriander Chutney. This is first time i tried to roast a whole chicken which was pending in my to do list for a long while. I bookmarked this recipe from Priya‘s Space. The moment i saw this recipe on her blog, i wanted to try it badly.
The whole preparation is simple, but takes time for marination. You can either marinate it for 3 hrs or can do it overnight. Remember to wash your hands properly while handling the chicken in order to prevent bacterial infection. I brushed the chicken with little olive oil before baking. This is optional. You can also add little garam masala or tandoori masala powder for additional flavors.
How to prepare Whole Roasted Chicken
Lemon Pepper Roasted Chicken | Whole Roasted Chicken
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- 1 whole Chicken (with or without skin)
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- salt to taste
- Wash the chicken and clean its cavity with running tap water. Pat it dry using clean kitchen cloth. It helps to remove moisture from chicken. Make deep insertions on the chicken with a sharp knife. If you are using Chicken with skin, then make the skin loose on chicken breast.
- Mix turmeric powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt. Rub it all over the chicken and keep the chicken closed in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Take a bowl and combine all other remaining ingredients. Make a paste and marinate the chicken again with the prepared paste. For the Chicken with skin, apply paste on meat under the skin first.
- And then after applying all over the meat, rub the remaining paste on skin and inside the cavity. Close the chicken and keep it in refrigerator for overnight or min 3 hrs.
- Before roasting the chicken, keep it outside at room temperature for 30 mins – 1 hour. Preheat oven at 200 degree C for 10 mins. Take a baking sheet with foil. Place the chicken over foil and tie the legs of chicken with twain.
- Keep it inside oven and bake for 20 mins. Flip the side and bake again for 20-25 mins. Flip the side again and bake for 15 mins. The oven temperature varies for every oven so check the meat if its cooked and then take it out from oven. Keep it aside for 10 min and then serve with Mayonnaise or Mint-Coriander Chutney.