Samai Arisi Ladoo / Little Millet Laddu, i have shared two versions of ladoo here. The dry ladoo is prepared without milk. And it will be little harder similar to Porulvilangai Urundai. The soft ladoo is made adding milk and it has less shelf life. You should consume it within 2-3 days.
To make it more healthy, i have also Health Mix Powder which is optional. You can skip it and add little cardamom powder for nice flavor. You can try this laddu with any other millets and can replace jaggery with sugar. But i would suggest jaggery or karupatti for more healthier option.
Samai Arisi Ladoo Recipe Card
Saamai Arisi Ladoo
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: south indian
- 1 cup Saamai / Little Millet – cleaned
- ¾ cup grated Jaggery / Palm Jaggery / Karupatti
- 2 tbsp Sattu Maavu / Health Mix Powder – optional
- ¼ glass Milk
- ghee / oil
- Dry roast Saamai in a pan for 2-5 mins on low flame till it becomes crispy. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind it in a mixer to smooth powder. Mix sattu maavu with it. Keep it aside. Heat jaggery with 2 tbsp water in a pan. Once jaggery melts down completely and reaches sticky stage, remove from the heat and mix the saamai flour.
- If you want dry ladoo, then make the shapes at this stage by applying little ghee/oil in your palms. Otherwise, Heat 1 or 2 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add flour and jaggery mixture.
- Stir well and add milk to it. Keep stirring till it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat. You can shape the balls by applying little ghee/oil in your palm. Store ladoo in an airtight container and serve.