Barley & Brown Rice Dosa / Fermented Barley Pancakes, I’m sharing another Dosa variety which is easy to prepare. To make it more healthy, you can add keerai / green leaves paste to the batter.
You can also avoid adding Brown Rice. As we know Barley is rich in fiber and also helps in weight loss, so try this healthy Barley Dosa to get all the benefits. To know more details about this grain, refer Barley Kanji recipe. Lets move on to the recipe,
Barley & Brown Rice Dosa | Fermented Barley Crepe | Breakfast Recipes
Fermented Barley Pancakes
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup Barley / Valkothumai
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- ¾ cup Ural Dal / Ultham Paruppu / Black Gram
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds / vendayam / methi dhana
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Barley Dosa
- Soak Barley & Brown Rice together in enough water overnight. Similarly soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds together in enough water overnight.
- Next day, Grind urad dal and fenugreek in a grinder or mixer to smooth paste adding enough water. Transfer the batter to a bowl.
- Grind barley and rice together in grinder or mixer. If using mixer then grind in batches. Add enough water while grinding. The batter should be smooth.
- Mix barley batter with urad dal batter. Close the bowl and let it ferment for at least 5-6 hrs. The fermentation takes time according to the room temp.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well. Add water and make runny batter. Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil / ghee. Pour a ladleful of dosa batter and spread it evenly.
- Add little oil all over the edges and cook both the sides. Remove from the heat and serve hot with chutney, kurma or sambar.
Other Barley Recipes shared in my blog,
- Chicken Haleem – Hyderabad Special
- Homemade Health Mix Powder & Porridge / Sattu Maavu Kanji
- Barley Kanji / Porridge – Healthy Drink
- Chicken & Oats Porridge / Gruel
- Vegetable & Barley Pulao / Pilaf
- Chicken, Barley & Spinach Salad