Egg Kothu Roti / Kothu Chapati with Egg, a quick and easy indian recipe for dinner or serve it as evening snacks. Shredded roti pieces are cooked together with scrambled egg masala. The recipe is very simple and doesn’t require much time to cook.
In this version of Kothu Roti, i have not added any gravy / kurma. But you can also try adding salna or any non-veg kurma curries while preparing kothu roti. I always like dry version, so i just skip curry. The other two kothu varieties that i had shared previously are Kothu Noodles & Kothu Parotta.
I have used left over Parotta dough to prepare Roti and shredded it into small pieces. Those who are vegetarians, can try adding vegetables like cauliflower, shredded carrot or green peas. Lets move on to the recipe,
Egg Kothu Roti
a quick and easy indian recipe for dinner or serve it as evening snacks.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main, Side
Cuisine: South Indian
- 4 Roti – shredded into small pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 2 onions – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum – chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves – optional
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Kothu Chapati with Egg
- Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and fry for a min on low flame.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and mint leaves. Saute a while. Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Now, add chopped capsicum and cook for another 2 mins. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Cook for 2 mins on low flame.
- Break the eggs and add salt to taste. Combine well everything and stir frequently to prepare egg crumbles. Add shredded roti / chapati.
- Stir well everything so that the roti pieces combines well with the egg masala. Cook for 2-5 mins and remove from the heat. Serve hot with Salna / Kurma.