Mulaikattiya Payatham Paruppu Sambar / Moong Sprouts Curry, a healthy, simple and quick sambar variety made from Moong Dal Sprouts / Mulaikattiya Payatham Paruppu.
I have shared an easy version which will give watery curry, which you can even serve it as Soup. You can also follow another version of thick curry. Pressure cook sprouts with tomato and 2 cup water for 3-4 whistles. Mash them and proceed with the remaining steps to cook Sambar. This way you will get thick curry and can enjoy with Dosa or Roti. This Sambar is very flavorful and you can also add other vegetables like carrot, beans or potato along with other Sprouts variety. Lets check the recipe,
Mulaikattiya Payatham Paruppu Sambar
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: south indian
- 1 cup Sprouted Moong Dal / Green Gram Sprouts / Mulaikattiya Payatham Paruppu
- lemon sized tamarind ball – soaked in 1 cup water for 30 mins
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato – chopped
- 3 garlic flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp Sambar Powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Sprouted Green Gram Sambar
- Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pressure cooker. Tamper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and garlic flakes. Saute a while.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Now, Add mung sprouts and stir well. Add turmeric powder and sambar powder. Stir well.
- Add tamarind squeezed water, asofeotida and salt to taste. Mix well everything and add another 1 or 2 cup water. Close the lid. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles and remove from the heat. Serve hot with rice.