Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread / Pumpkin Millet Bread, an egg-less and healthy pumpkin gingerbread recipe which is moist and dense, and at the same time filled with the aroma of indian spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. I have made use of Palm Jaggery in this recipe to make it more healthy.
To know how to prepare fresh Pumpkin Puree, check this recipe, you can prepare it in advance and refrigerate it for later use. The other baked recipes with Pumpkin which i had shared in my blog are Pumpkin Coffee Cake, Pumpkin Oats Bread & Ragi Banana & Pumpkin Muffins. Previously, I had shared Pumpkin Bread recipe using yogurt. This current recipe is a Vegan version. Lets check the recipe,
Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread | Pumpkin Millet Bread
an egg-less and healthy pumpkin gingerbread recipe which is moist and dense, and at the same time filled with the aroma of indian spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
- ½ cup Wheat flour
- ½ cup Foxtail Millet Flour / Thinai Flour
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated palm jaggery / karupati / jaggery / brown sugar
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Vegan Gingerbread
- Mix pumpkin puree and jaggery in a bowl. Add olive oil and whisk again till smooth. Keep it aside. Sieve wheat and millet flour. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix all well.
- Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold in everything. Don’t over mix. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. Grease bread/loaf pan with little oil. Pour batter into the pan and tap it.
- Keep pan in middle rack of oven and bake at 180 degree C for 25-30 mins. Once the upper crust turns light brown, insert a toothpick at the center and it should come out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and let it cool for around 5 mins. Remove the bread carefully and let it rest completely on cooling rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate it for later use.