Paneer Mawa Burfi, an easy and delicious barfi made from Paneer / Cottage Cheese, Mawa & Sugar. You need only 15 mins to prepare this delicious barfi. I have added sugar here, but you can also replace it with condensed milk.
For better results, always try with homemade fresh paneer and mawa, which will not disappoint you with its taste. Since, I have added crumbled paneer, the final result looks like crumbled, but if you want it to looks plain, then grind paneer in a mixer till smooth and use it to prepare barfi. I prefer plain texture for ladoo and crumbled texture for barfi.
Those who doesn’t like paneer like my husband, will never find out that this barfi is made from paneer. As we have used only milk products, the paneer taste will not dominate. You can even sprinkle chopped nuts for garnishing. Try this delicious barfi for this Diwali and impress your loved ones. If you are looking for more number of Paneer Recipes then do check my post on Collection of Easy Paneer Recipes with more than 30 varieties of Recipes.
Easy Paneer Mawa Barfi
an easy and delicious barfi made from Paneer / Cottage Cheese, Mawa & Sugar.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup crumbled paneer / cottage cheese
- ½ cup mawa / khoya / milk solids (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder – optional
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Paneer Mawa Barfi
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan or kadai. Once ghee melts, add grated mawa and stir well. Keep the flame to low and cook till mawa loosen up which may take around 2 mins.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and cook a bit. Now, add cardamom powder and stir well. Add crumbled paneer and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cook on low flame till everything is well combined and mash the mixture carefully. Let it cook for about 8-10 mins.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and stir again. Let it cook till the mixture starts leaving the sides of pan. If you want to add cocoa powder, then divide the mixture into two.
- Grease a plate with ghee and pour one half of the mixture and level it properly. Mix cocoa powder with other half mixture and either pour this above the plain barfi mixture or pour it separately.Keep aside for 10 mins.
- When it is lukewarm, cut into desired shapes using knife and keep in refrigerator for 10-15 mins. After 15 mins, take out the pieces carefully and store it in an air-tight container.