King Fish Tikka Recipe, a spicy and delicious fish tikka recipe which is easy to follow and can be made in microwave oven or otg or even on stove top. I have used fish fillets here, but you can also use the whole fish (sankara fish or ayala fish or pompfret or karimeen). If you got big sized King Fish, then cut into cube shaped pieces and use for grilling. Marinating it overnight will give more flavors. With the left over marination masala, you can prepare tikka curry. The recipe is very simple and all the ingredients mentioned are readily available at home. You can also add little saffron color to get that dark red color, but i have avoided it. Lets check the recipe,
King Fish Tikka Recipe | Spicy Vanjaram Meen Tikka
a spicy and delicious fish tikka recipe which is easy to follow and can be made in microwave oven or otg or stove top.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Starter, Side
- 10 King Fish Fillets / Vanjaram Meen (or use any fish variety with or without bones)
- 3 tbsp thick curd / yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar – optional (or) 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare King Fish Tikka
- Clean and wash fish fillets. Combine all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixing bowl and prepare a paste. Marinate fish fillets with this paste and close the bowl. Keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 hrs or overnight. I always prefer to marinate it overnight.
- Before baking / grilling, keep the marinated fish at room temperature for min 1 hour. Preheat oven to 220 degree C for 10 mins in grill/broil mode. Take a baking tray and place foil sheet. Keep the marinated fillets over sheet keeping distance.
- Keep the tray at top rack of oven and set the timer to 15 mins. Turn over the pieces and grill for another 10-15 mins. Remove from the oven and serve hot with mint-coriander chutney.
Other Tikka Recipes shared in my space,