Simple Egg Curry using Coconut Milk, another simple curry variety which goes very well with idiyappam, appam and dosa. In my previous post, I had shared Thinai Flour Idiyappam recipe, which we enjoyed with this Egg Curry.
This curry is mildly spiced with dry red chilies and has an awesome flavor of fresh garam masala. Coconut milk makes it creamy. You can also use ground coconut paste instead of coconut milk (or) replace coconut with cashew for the rich taste. Lets check the recipe,
Simple Egg Curry using Coconut Milk
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South Indian
- 3 boiled eggs – shells removed
- 1 medium sized onion – sliced
- 1 medium sized tomato – finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 2 or 3 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 dry red chilies or green chilies
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Simple Egg Curry
- Boil eggs and remove its shell. Make deep cuts all over the eggs and keep aside. Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and broken red chilies.
- Add sliced onions and fry for a min. Now, add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while. Add chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder. Cook for a min on low-medium flame.
- Add coriander powder and garam masala. Stir well. Add boiled eggs and coconut milk. Now, add salt to taste and add water if needed. Stir well everything and cook it covered on low-medium flame for 15 mins. Serve hot with appam, idiyappam, dosa or roti.
Other Egg Curry Recipes shared in my space,