Steamed Eggless Wheat Brownies Recipe, an egg-less and butter-less version of Chocolate Brownies which is steamed and not baked. I have used dates syrup as a sweetening agent, but you can replace it with grated jaggery or honey or brown sugar. I had already shared No Bake Brownie Balls which is equally healthy as this brownie. This brownie was very moist with dense texture.
Those who doesn’t have steamer pan, can try this brownie with Idli Steamer / Cooker, or use any wok or kadai. The water droplets formed inside the steamer lid may wet the brownie, so to avoid that we are loosely covering the top of the pan with foil sheet. After 20 mins, you can start checking the brownie if it is cooked or not. Insert a toothpick or wooden skewer stick in the center of brownie and it should come out clean. If not, then close the steamer lid and allow to cook.
Steamed Wheat & Condensed Milk Brownies (Egg-less & Butter-less)
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup dates syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Steamed Brownies
- Mix condensed milk, dates syrup and vanilla essence in a bowl. Beat it till smooth. Add olive oil and beat it again using hand whisk or electric beater. Keep it aside.
- Fill steamer pan with enough water and heat it at low-medium flame. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Combine flour with cocoa powder and salt. Mix them well. Pour wet content in the dry content. Mix well everything.
- Grease a pan with oil and sprinkle maida flour. Spread the flour nicely. Fill the pan with batter. Once water starts boiling in the steamer pan, switch it to low flame.
- Keep the pan inside a sieve and cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil sheet. Close the steamer lid and switch the flame to low-medium.
- Steam cook for 30-35 mins. Check the brownie by inserting a toothpick at the center. It should come out clean. Turn off the stove and remove pan carefully. Let the brownie rest in pan.Slice it into square or rectangular shapes. Take out the pieces carefully. Serve them immediately or store in an airtight container. I had kept it at room temperature for 2 days.