Easy Paneer Tikka on Gas Stove Method, an alternate method to try delicious paneer tikka who doesn’t have oven or OTG. I had already shared Baby Potato & Paneer Tikka made using OTG. This is very easy to follow and you can use this tikka as fillings for roti wraps or simply serve this as snack accompanied with green chutney. Similarly, you can use chicken, prawn, cauliflower, mushroom or fish to prepare tikka with this simple method.
For additional flavors, try adding cumin powder, coriander powder, nutmeg powder or cinnamon powder. You can prepare hariyali tikka by mixing mint and coriander paste along with other below mentioned ingredients. And do not forget to check my Collection of Easy Paneer Recipes.
- 10-15 Paneer cubes (cottage cheese)
- 1 medium sized onion – cut into cubes
- 1 green capsicum – remove the seeds and cut into cubes
- 2-3 tbsp thick curd / yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper powder – optional
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Stove top Paneer Tikka
- Combine curd, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, pepper, garam masala, salt and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk everything to prepare smooth paste.
- Marinate paneer, capsicum and onion cubes with the prepared paste. Add oil and mix well. Keep it aside for 2-3 hrs or marinate it overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat a non-stick pan or tava. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil. Place marinated paneer, capsicum and onion cubes on pan and fry for 10-15 mins on low-medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- You can use the left over marination sauce to prepare tikka masala or just pour this over fried paneer cubes and stir for a while to prepare juicy tikka. Remove tikka from oven and insert them in skewers or use it as filling for wraps or roti. You can serve this with mint-coriander chutney.
Other tikka or kebab recipes,
- King Fish Tikka Recipe / Spicy Vanjaram Meen Tikka
- Tandoori chicken
- Mutton Kheema Kebab
- Murgh Malai Kabab (Creamy Chicken Kabab)
- Achari Paneer Tikka Biriyani
- Achari Murg Tikka / Achari Chicken Tikka
- Chicken Tikka Masala – Restaurant Style
- Chicken Tikka Pizza with Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Pudina Paneer Tikka
- Chicken Tikka
- Chicken Tikka in M/W