Egg & Soya Chunks Masala Curry, a spicy and coconut flavored Meal Maker Curry, a perfect side-dish for roti or any other indian flat-bread. This is a protein rich curry made from fresh ground masala. Those who doesn’t like eggs, can add vegetables like cauliflower, green peas, beans, baby corn or carrot. Or you can also try adding prawn or chicken.
I have used raw ingredients to prepare paste. You can also roast them or fry them with 1 tsp oil and then grind it. You can follow any method. I have referred Kerala Essential Cookbook and replaced the main ingredients of the dish and also gave little twist to the recipe.
Egg & Soya Chunks Masala | Meal Maker Curry Recipe
a spicy and coconut flavored Meal Maker Curry, a perfect side-dish for roti or any other indian flat-bread.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- To Grind :
- 2 medium sized onions – chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp fennel seeds / saunf
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 mace
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- For Curry :
- 2 Boiled Eggs – shells removed
- ½ cup soya chunks
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- ¼ cup diced potato cubes – boiled (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped coconut
- asofeotida / hing a pinch
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder – optional
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Egg Soya Chunks Masala
- Soak soya chunks in warm water for 15 mins. Squeeze out the water from chunks. If the soya chunks are big in size, then chop them into pieces. Keep it aside.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under “To Grind” in a mixer to smooth paste. Add 1/4 cup water and grind to paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan or wok / kadhai. Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Sprinkle nutmeg powder if using. Fry for a min.
- Add chopped coconut and saute a while. Add potato and soya chunks. Stir well. Add ground masala paste, asofoetida and salt to taste. Stir well everything.
- Add 1 or 2 cup water and boiled eggs. Mix well and cook it covered on low flame for 15-20 mins till the raw masala smell goes and soya chunks becomes juicy. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti, chapati or phulka.
Other Soya Chunks based recipes shared in my blog,