Methi, Mooli & Moong Dal Curry, an easy, healthy and nutritious dal made with vendhaya keerai, siru paruppu and mullangi. The goodness of all these 3 ingredients combined together in a single curry which can be enjoyed well with roti or phulka. If you get Radish Leaves, then skip Methi Leaves. This dal is less spicy and flavored with jeera and garam masala. Those who are not diet-conscious, can replace oil with ghee for rich taste.
Methi Mooli & Moong Dal Recipe
an easy, healthy and nutritious dal made with vendhaya keerai, siru paruppu and mullangi.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- ½ cup chopped radish
- ¼ cup Moong Dal / Paasi Paruppu / Siru Paruppu / Green Gram – washed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh fenugreek leaves / methi / vendhaya keerai
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 dry red chilies or green chilies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- asofeotida / hing a pinch
- ¼ tsp cumin / jeera powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Methi Mooli Moong Dal
- Combine chopped radish, methi leaves, moong dal, chopped onion, tomato, ginger-garlic paste and 1 cup water in a pressure cooker. Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Mash the dal mixture and keep aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil or ghee in a pan or wok / kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and dry red chilies.
- Add asofoetida and jeera powder. Now, Add mashed dal and stir well. Add turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Now, add 1 or 2 cup water and cook it covered for 5-8 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti / chapati / phulka / naan or rice.
Similar Dal recipes which can be enjoyed with any Indian Bread,
- Panchratan / Panchratani Dal (Dal made with Five Lentils)
- Green Dal Fry
- Dal Tadka
- Turai aur Moong ki Dal / Peerkangai Siru Paruppu Dal
- Shajahani Dal
- Dhaba Style Dal
- Rajasthani Dal Baati
- Zucchini Moong Dal (Zucchini & Whole Green Gram Curry)
- MTC Dal (Masoor-Toor-Channa Dal)
- Masoor Dal (Indian Red Lentil)
- Green Gram Dal
- Amritsari Dal
- Dal Makhani