Healthy Mushroom & Celery Soup Recipe, an easy low calorie soup made from mushroom and celery with no cream, milk or flour added. This soup can be enjoyed warm or cold. I do not like to add cream or flour in soup. This soup is thick, but if you prefer thin soup, then skip oats or cooked rice. Instead of rice, you can also try adding barley or millets.
Healthy Mushroom & Celery Soup
an easy low calorie soup made from mushroom and celery with no cream, milk or flour added.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 3 garlic flakes
- 2 tbsp oats (or) cooked rice
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 tsp pepper or more if needed
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp lemon juice – optional
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Mushroom Celery Soup
- Heat little oil in a pan and fry 2 tbsp chopped mushroom till it turns golden brown. Use this fried mushroom for final garnishing.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan. Add cloves, chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a min on low-medium flame. Add chopped mushroom and celery. Saute a while.
- Add turmeric powder, cooked rice and pinch of salt. Stir well and add 3-4 cup water. Cook it covered for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Strain the water and keep it aside. Blend the vegetables to smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add paste and preserved water. Mix well and add pepper and salt to taste. Stir well everything and allow to boil for 5 mins. Add 1 tsp lemon juice. Garnish with fried mushroom and serve hot.
Similar soup recipes,
- Oats & Snake Gourd Soup (Oats Podalangai Soup)
- Beetroot & Tomato Soup
- Avocado & Drumstick Soup
- Roasted Tomato & Bell Pepper Soup
- Broccoli, Pumpkin & Oats Soup
- Zucchini Carrot Oats Soup
- Red Amaranths & Carrot Soup (Thandu Keerai Carrot Soup)
- Chicken Soup – Kongu Nadu Special
- Green Peas Soup
- SiruKeerai(Amaranths) Soup
- Aathu kaalu soup (Lamb Leg Soup)