|Instant Grated Amla Pickle / Nellikai Thokku|
Instant Grated Amla Pickle / Nellikai Thokku, an easy to prepare indian gooseberry pickle recipe which gets ready in less than 10 mins. Few days back, when we visited my in-laws place, I got to taste this delicious pickle which was prepared by my MIL. I enjoyed it very well with sambar rice. It was a heavenly combination 🙂 I immediately noted down the recipe and tried it today.
Here, you need not cook amla separately before preparing pickle. Either grate amla if they are bigger in size or just blend them in mixer and discard the seeds. You can either serve this pickle with roti, sambar rice, rasam rice or curd rice or simply mix it with plain cooked rice.
Other recipes with Amla,
Instant Grated Amla Pickle | Nellikai Thokku
an easy to prepare indian gooseberry pickle recipe which gets ready in less than 10 mins.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Side, Pickle
Cuisine: South Indian
- 13-15 Amla / Nellikai / Gooseberry (any amla variety) – I have used regular round sized amla
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds powder
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil / gingelly oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Instant Grated Amla Pickle,
- Wash and grate amla. Keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan. For tempering, add mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds powder. Now, add grated amla and stir well. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Cook it on low-medium flame till all the moisture is absorbed and you get dry mixture. It may take around 5-8 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Store it in airtight container and keep in refrigerator to improve shell life. Serve it with rice or roti.