|Potato, Peanuts & Cabbage Tikki Recipe|
Potato, Peanuts & Cabbage Tikki, sharing another healthy and interesting combo of potato, peanuts and purple cabbage. I never thought that we can use cabbage in tikki / cutlet, though we use it to prepare vadai and pakoda. I spend most of my time in pinterest looking at those beautiful food photographs to get some inspiration when i feel down. One such time, happened to see this recipe of Cabbage Tikki(My ginger garlic kitchen). I immediately went through the site and was amazed with this unique combination of potato and purple cabbage. I went on with my own choice of ingredients and additionally included ground coarse peanuts for the crunchy taste. This tikki is a heavy snack and can be enjoyed with green chutney and imli chutney.
Similar cutlet recipes shared in my blog,
Potato, Peanuts & Cabbage Tikki Recipe
healthy and interesting combo of potato, peanuts and purple cabbage.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snacks, Side
- 2 medium sized potatoes – boiled and mashed
- 1-2 tbsp roasted and ground peanuts with skins
- ¼ cup grated cabbage
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin / jeera powder
- 1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Potato Peanut Cabbage Tikki
- Take all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Close it and keep in refrigerator for 1 hour. Heat a non stick pan. Take the prepared dough and make small balls. Take a ball and press it lightly to form a thick disc. Place them on pan and add 1 tsp oil to each cutlet / tikki.