|Dates & Nuts Ladoo / Dry Fruits Laddu Recipe|
Dates & Nuts Laddu, very healthy and delicious laddu made from dates, raisins and nuts. They are also easy to prepare. You can try this ladoo with any of your favorite combinations. Dates and raisins are used as sweetener, so there is no need to add sugar / jaggery.
I have used poppy seeds for the outer coating, but it is optional. You can also use roasted dessicated coconut for the coating which make it more attractive. I was planning to prepare Dates Roll, but ended up with this recipe. As we know dry fruits are more nutritious, it make a good guilt free snack or healthy bites. It satisfies your sweet cravings and keep you filled for a while. This can be stored at room temperature as we have used ghee.
You can also try adding milk or condensed milk, but in that case, it cannot be kept outside for a long time. Do let me know if your try this recipe and share your feedback 🙂 If you are looking for some healthy ladoo varieties, then do not forget to check my Collection of more 20 varieties of Ladoo recipes.
Similar healthy ladoo recipes,
Dates & Nuts Ladoo | Dry Fruits Laddu
very healthy and delicious laddu made from dates, raisins and nuts
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 150 gms Dates & Raisin
- 40 gms dried apricot
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds / khus khus
- 40 gms cashew nuts
- 40 gms almonds
- 20 gms walnut
- 20 gms pistachio
- 2-3 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Dry Fruits Ladoo
- Dry roast poppy seeds for few seconds and remove from the heat. Keep it aside. Similarly, dry roast cashew, almonds, walnut and pista for few mins till you get nice aroma. Make sure to not burn the nuts.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind roasted nuts in a mixer to coarse powder. Keep it aside. Blend dates n raisins in a mixer for few pulse. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add blended dates n raisins. Stir well till it turns mushy. Add ground nuts and stir well everything. Now, add few tbsp of ghee if needed. Switch off the flame and let it come to lukewarm stage.
- Grease your hand with ghee and start making round balls / laddu. Now roll this balls in roasted poppy seeds. Store them in an airtight container and serve when needed.