Egg & Mushroom Curry, a very easy and delicious curry flavored with garam masala. This curry goes well with roti or any other indian bread variety. You can also serve this with steamed rice or jeera or ghee rice. This is a typical north indian style curry preparation. We have not added coconut for creaminess. Instead, tomato puree and thick yogurt makes it look creamy. You can replace yogurt with cashew paste for the rich taste. I have made thick curry to go with roti. If you want it watery, then add 1/4 cup water and cook accordingly.
Similar egg curry recipes without using coconut,
Egg & Mushroom Curry
a very easy and delicious curry flavored with garam masala.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- 250 gms Button Mushroom – cleaned & chopped
- 2 or 3 boiled eggs – shells removed
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 2 medium sized tomato – pureed
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp curd / yogurt
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Egg Mushroom Curry
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add sliced onions and cook for a minute on low-medium flame. Now, Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree and saute a while. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and 1 tsp garam masala. Stir well everything.
- Add mushroom and boiled eggs. Cook it covered on low flame for 10 mins. Add 1 tsp garam masala, curd and salt to taste. Cook it covered for another 8-10 mins or till oil splits. Serve hot with roti or any other indian bread variety.