|Kaddu ki Roti / Pumpkin FlatBread|
Kaddu ki Roti / Indian Style Pumpkin FlatBread, sharing another roti variety made from grated pumpkin and methi leaves. I had few left over methi leaves after trying Ayala Fish Curry, so made use of them. It is a very simple preparation and also healthy. I have added raw grated pumpkin along with other masala. But if you doesn’t like raw smell, then cook the masala with 1 tsp oil for few mins and then use it. You can also use half the proportion of bajra or jowar or ragi flour along with wheat flour.
Similar Roti recipes,
Kaddu ki Roti | Pumpkin FlatBread
Indian Style Pumpkin FlatBread
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: North Indian
- 150 gms Disco Pumpkin – grated
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp fresh fenugreek leaves / methi leaves / vendayam keerai
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Kaddu ki Roti
- Sieve wheat flour. Combine all above mentioned ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add enough water and knead to a smooth dough. Now, add 1 tsp oil and knead it. Close it and keep aside for 30 mins.
- Take the dough and divide into equal sized balls. Take a ball and roll it using roller pin. It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil/ghee. Cook roti till brown spots appear on both the sides. Proceed with the remaining balls. Serve roti with any veg or non veg gravy.