|Beetroot, Moong Sprouts & Egg Curry|
Beets, Egg & Sprouts Curry, rich, creamy and protein rich coconut milk based curry flavored with Punjabi Garam Masala. This curry goes very well flat Indian breads like roti, naan, chapati or phulka.
I have tried this curry ‘n’ number of times with different combination of vegetables and never got disappointed. The curry gives mild sweet taste due to the addition of beetroot. But the sweetness doesn’t dominate. To make this curry vegan, skip eggs and increase the quantity of sprouts. You can try this with mixed sprouts.
other recipes made with beets,
Beetroot, Moong Sprouts & Egg Curry
rich, creamy and protein rich coconut milk based curry flavored with Punjabi Garam Masala.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- 1 medium sized beetroot – peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup moong sprouts / green gram sprouts / mulai kattiya payiru
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp saunf / fennel seeds
- Please check the instructions below with step by step photos.
How to prepare Beetroot Moong Sprouts Curry,
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and fennel seeds. Add chopped onions and saute a while. Now, add ginger-garlic paste and stir well. Add chopped beets and sprouts. Stir well everything. Cook it covered on low-medium flame for 8-10 mins.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix well and add 1/2 cup water. Cook it covered for another 5-8 mins. Add coconut milk, boiled eggs and salt to taste. Cook it covered on low flame for 10 mins or till you get creamy curry. Serve hot with rice or roti.