Sweet Corn & Bajra Ladoo, a healthy and unique combination of sweet corn and pearl millet (kambu / bajra) in a ladoo, easy to prepare and requires less effort. I had prepared this recipe for September 2015 edition of Complete Wellbeing Magazine along with 3 other recipes made from sweet corn. I shall share those later.
This ladoo can be also tried with other millet varieties like ragi, thinai etc. But the taste of sweet corn and bajra blended well together. This may look little boring, but believe me the taste was awesome 🙂 For healthier version, I have used palm jaggery for sweetness. You can replace it with honey or refined sugar. Or you can even give a try to dates. For vegan version, replace ghee with oil. But the ghee brings out the festive flavor and makes it more aromatic. Give a try to this healthy and delicious ladoo and share your feedback with us. Also check out the post on collection of more than 20 ladoo varieties in my blog. You can also check ladoo recipes made from millets like Paneer Thinai Ladoo, Chimli Urundai, Jowar Dates Ladoo & Bajra Paneer Ladoo.
Sweet Corn & Bajra Ladoo
- 75 gms sweet corn
- 100 gms bajra / pearl millet / kambu
- ¼ cup powdered palm jaggery / karupati
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 7-8 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- Pressure cook sweet corn with enough water for 1 whistle. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Drain the water completely and blend cooked sweet corn till you get smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Dry roast bajra grains till they turn golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind bajra till you get smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a nonstick pan. Add bajra powder & cardamom powder. Cook for a minute on low flame. Add powdered jaggery, sweet corn paste and stir well everything on low-medium flame.
- Now, add 5 tsp ghee and cook till everything combines well and you get wet mixture. Remove from the heat and let it come to lukewarm stage. Grease your hand with ghee or oil and make ladoo. Store them in an airtight container and serve.