Bajra Gobi Matar Paratha, a healthy Indian style Flat bread recipe which is stuffed with cauliflower and green peas masala. The flat bread / paratha is made from wheat and pearl millet flour. You can also replace bajra with ragi or oats. Otherwise, use multi grain flour.
The stuffed Paratha are filling and similar to one pot rice meal. You can use any vegetable stuffing or can even use non veg stuffing. We make paratha on regular basis and try many variations. For kids, use cheese along with the stuffing. Here, I have followed two methods of filling the masala. One is regular method which is mentioned below.
For second method, take a small ball of dough and roll to form a roti. It should not be too thick or thin. Proceed with the remaining dough balls and roll them into roti. You can use a bowl to cut into uniform circles. Now, take a ladleful of masala and spread it over one rolled roti. Take another rolled roti and cover the first one. Seal all the edges by fork by pressing it. If you are gonna try this method, then it will take little bit of time to cook on tava than the regular ones. For sealing the edges, you can refer my Baked Gujia recipe for the step by step pics.
If you are looking for stuffed paratha recipes, then do check Mutton Keema Paratha, Aloo Paneer Kulcha, Paneer-Carrot-Radish Paratha, Aloo Soya Chunks Paratha, Cabbage Paratha, Broccoli and Cauliflower Paratha, Aloo Paratha & Cauliflower Stuffed Poori.
- 2 cup wheat flour
- ¾ cup bajra / kambu / pearl millet flour
- salt to taste
- water to knead
- 250 gms cauliflower florets
- 120 gms fresh green peas
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 2 tsp oil
- Sieve wheat flour, bajra flour and salt. Add enough water and knead to smooth dough. Add little oil and knead again. Close it and keep aside for 30 mins. Heat a pan with enough water.
- Add little salt and turmeric powder. Once it starts boiling, add green peas and cauliflower florets. Let it boil for another 5 mins and remove from the heat.
- Drain the water completely. Blend Gobi and peas in a mixer to coarse paste. Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadhai. Now, add ground paste, ginger-garlic paste and stir.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder and salt to taste. Cook till all the moisture is absorbed and you get dry masala. Switch off the flame.
- Take the dough and make small balls of the dough. Take a ball and flatten it in the shape of a disc. Fill it with spoonful of dry masala and close all the sides. Dust it with wheat flour and roll it to form the shape of a round paratha. Similarly proceed with other balls.
- Heat a tava and apply ghee/oil. Cook paratha and once brown spots appear, turn the other side of paratha and apply ghee/oil. Once cooked, remove from the heat and proceed with the remaining. Serve paratha with onion raita. You can refrigerate the remaining dough and use it within 2 days.